Render Moonarrow

Render Moonarrow
My Fantasy Character

Moon Arrow

Moon Arrow
Another picture from Rob [OTM]

Ancalagon The Black

Ancalagon The Black
My Dragon

Friday, June 1, 2007

Book Review

There are many cool books I've read that I think anyone would enjoy. the first one I want to list is:

Eragon by Christopher Paolini. Fantasy

Eragon is an awesome tale of a farm boy named Eragon who finds a stone in a strange place known as the Spine. He tries to sell it but strangely every one seems to fear it. He makes a friend named Brom who knows many tales of Dragons and the Dragon Riders. Soon enough Eragon examines the weird blue stone to find that it is a Dragons egg, hatching from it is Saphira the blue Dragon. Soon Eragon learns that he has been chosen to be the new Dragon Rider! Check it out yourself to learn more.

Lord Of the Rings by J.R.R Tolkien. Fantasy

Lord of the Rings is a world wide novel. Famous by the title it has been found in every book store that I know of. Written by J.R.R Tolkien who was the Oxford university professor of language and a great friend of C.S Lewis. J.R.R Tolkien also wrote Sir Gawain and the Green Knight from old English to new. Even though there is a movie the book has a lot more going on .The story is about the many people of Middle Earth and the Magical Rings that were made to rule and govern their people, yet, one day in the fires of Mount Doom the Dark lord Sauron forged in secret the Master Ring that would rule all others and into this Ring he poured his cruelty, malice, and will to dominate all life. The One Ring to Rule them all. The only way to stop him is to destroy the ring and that chance has been given for the ring has passed by many people . First Sauron's very hand that held the One Ring was cut by Isildur a prince of men, there Sauron fell but his soul remained. Isildur was soon attacked by Saurons forces and the Ring fell into a great river, lost for many years. When two and a half thousand years passed it was found by Smeagul. Since Smeagul was not hunted by the forces of Sauron. Smeagul kept it for many years and in so doing he was deformed by the Ring into a slimy creature known as Gollum, for five hundred years it polluted his mind and gave him unnatural long life. Soon after, he lost it in his new home ,a dark and damp cave, by providence a creature known as a Hobbit(a small person who stands up to three feet tall) named Bilbo Baggins found the Ring and escaped. He used it to slay a dragon and reclaim a fortune of gold and jewels for the Ring could make it's wearer turn invisible . (you can find the full story of Bilbo Baggins in another book written by the same author Called The Hobbit or there and back again a Hobbit's Holiday.) soon Bilbo gave the ring to his nephew frodo and it is frodo who must destroy the Ring of Doom!! To see what happens next read it for yourself.


Dragons in our Midst By Bryan Davis. Fantasy/Religion

Dragons in our midst was written by a Christian author. this story consists of four books

the first book is called raising dragons. a boy named Billy Banister discovers that he has a strange gift, the ability to breath fire, and a girl named Bonnie Silver who was born with dragon wings. they both have something in common they both have former dragon parents! by the works of God fifteen hundred years ago for the sole purpose of hiding them from the Evil Dragon slayers turned all dragons into human form and some of their offspring are receiving some of their abilitys . this story is nicely mixed with Godly lessons and modern fantasy, I'm sure any follower of Christ will enjoy reading these books in fact all people who love modern day Fantasy.

all Four books are called:

I.Raising Dragons

II.The Candle stone

III.The circles of Seven

and,IV. Tears of a Dragon

The Screwtape Letters by C.S Lewis. Religion


The Screwtape Letters was written by the brilliant Author C.S Lewis the same who wrote The Chronicles of Narnia. It is about a Devil teaching his nephew in the art of temptation. In this book you will learn how to be a godly Christian in a different point of view. I've always believed that the best way to beat someone at a strategic game is to learn your opponents strategy . That's what you will learn in this book, how to counteract Satan's attacks. This book will help you be prepared for the Journey ahead. Any follower of Christ should read this book.note: I recommend this book to Mature Teenagers reaching the age of fifteen and up.


The Chronicles of Narnia by C.S Lewis

The Chronicles of Narnia is a great Children's story book series. It's about regular old kids who find there selves in a whole other world. it consists of seven books(easy to read).

I.The Magicians Nephew,

II.The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe,

III.The Horse and His Boy,

IV.Prince Caspian,

V.The Voyage of the Dawn Treader,

VI.The Silver Chair,

and,VII. The Last Battle.


35 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you read anything besides fantasy?

Render MoonArrow said...

yes : from sea to shining sea a History of America, some missionary logs found at Christian book stores, George Muller biography, history of Authors.

Render MoonArrow said...

streams of civilization

the light and the glory

:D

Anonymous said...

I'm reading streams.

Anonymous said...

I love Eragon! And Eldest.

Kakiedoo

Anonymous said...

One more thing. Why is you're blog address thingy I'll think of one soon? Why don't you call it Render Moon Arrow?

Kakiedoo

Anonymous said...

You need to think of name soon!

Anonymous said...

Oops. I meant title. Your addy IS Render Moon Arrow.

KJW

The Pookie said...

Read em all. Own em all. Love em all.

That is an absolutely awesome pic!

Anonymous said...

I bet I can't name a book you haven't read.

The Pookie said...

Actually, you'd be surprised at what I haven't read. I plan to read every good book known to man, of course, but there are many common ones (they are on my to-read shelf), that I haven't cracked yet, but plan to.....

Render MoonArrow said...

I just received Eldest today!!!!!!!


:) :0


:D

Render MoonArrow said...

lets think of the logic shall we.

you simply think of what "I'll think of one soon" means

What does it mean?

That I'll think of one soon of course!

Heres your sign!! ;)

Anonymous said...

Ryan, I love fantasy and have you ever read the Redwall books those are GREAT! I have to admitt (sp?) though that I didn't like Eragon. (Please don't kill me) It just wasn't my type. Everyone (ok just Jessica) keeps telling me to read Dragons in Our Midst and I tell her "Living in the sticks like I do, I'm lucky to have a bookstore anywhere and it doesn't have them. And I am too lazy to go online and look for them. :D Brooke, have you read umm Cyon Veritas? It is one of my faves but it was written by some homeschool guy (translation: noones read it :D) gtg, Darby Maeve P.S. Why is it that your bro doesn't have your link on his blog? I found you on some other persons blog uhh missyroo I think.

Anonymous said...

I just was reading your profile and saw that you like the Last Sin Eater. That is like my FAVORITE movie!!! Have you read the book? It is even better.

Anonymous said...

Well, think faster!

Kakiedoo

Render MoonArrow said...

I haven't read the book but your opinion of it makes me wonder!

Render MoonArrow said...

Hey kakiedoo.

I want my title to make sense

any suggestions

more then five please

Render MoonArrow said...

Darby

do you have a blog?

:/

Anonymous said...

No sadly I do not. :( My parents are extremely careful about our computer habits and they think that having a blog would put out a bit too much personal info for the world to see. :| And I certainly don't want that however I have nothing against blogs and in fact they help me keep up with all of my HSCF. (homeschool conference friends :D) So, when I have my own house I will have a blog but that is not going to happen any time soon. :D Until then I shall satisfy myself by commenting an insane amount of times on other peoples blogs. :D On the blog name you should call it "the blog of the boy who drives people insane by tapping their shoulder!" (how old are you anyway) Darby P.S. The last time the Pitt Pirates played the Astros they won I believe all of the 3 games. :D

Render MoonArrow said...

Fifteen

Render MoonArrow said...

Just the first book of redwall

Anonymous said...

Why not just plain old Ryan? Anythings better than I'll think of one soon!Doesn't Ryan make since? I mean your name is Ryan? Do you have a nickname? Thats what I named my blog! Missy did that too. Use your nickname for a blog title. But if you don't have one. Then thats a problem.

Kakiedoo

Render MoonArrow said...

Hey kekiedoo.

why don't ya get some of your monkey friends and we'll play hopscotch and yahtsee.

good idear

think of nicknames everyone!!

~RSO~

Anonymous said...

WHAT? Hopscotch and Yahtzee? You are totally off the subject!

Kakiedoo
BTW its KAkiedoo NOT KEkiedoo

Render MoonArrow said...

I think it's nice KAkiedooarroodoodoo

to ad some random line in the comments, just to make it more colorful.

like : the sun is higher then the sky is blue is my favorite color is black dresses are ... steamy veggies and potential pizza are good with Oreos in a hot tub.


:/


you think of one. it's lots of fun and it makes ya laugh.


~RSO~

Render MoonArrow said...

sorry for such a long period of time before I answered your last comment.

~RSO~

Render MoonArrow said...

I went to sethsa yesterday and today is next and then Sunday.

I like missed two Sundays the last two weeks.

sunshine and water don't mix with frengy upercrust the third.

don't ask don't tell.
:/

~RSO~

Render MoonArrow said...

Kakiedoo and Darby.

we should go to the park with Fredrick the chicken strip and his friend the pickle.(This is not the title God forbid, this is just the random quota of this comment.)

ya happy. There's a title now. check it out.

Render MoonArrow said...

hey Darby. I herd about the winter ball and I think it's on the eighth of December. don't hert me if I'm wrong.

A party with elephants get pretty lonely when every one comes. and the bird that flys down will sure find his apple pie.

Anonymous said...

Okay I'll try one.

The puppy ran around in circles because the cucumber was to fat.

That was soo stupid. Wait, I WILL NOT LET YOU PULL ME INTO THIS RANDOM SENTENCE TYPING...THING YOU AND JARON ALWAYS DO!

Kakiedoo

Anonymous said...

I will write NO!!!! more random sentences! 1 is enough for me!!!!
I can't even believe I wrote that one!

Kakiedoo

Render MoonArrow said...

you guys are to much fun.

I'm so proud of you Kakiedoodledoo

bring on the dancing tubas!

Anonymous said...

Why not dancing trumpets?

Anonymous said...

Lets not get into specifics just keep your head on straight...